The Arbor Hospice Foundation seeks end-of-year contributions, with larger donations matched up to $500,000
Posted: December 10, 2015
For those looking to make a big impact with an end-of-the-year, tax-deductible donation, a contribution to The Arbor Hospice Foundation could be worth double, thanks to a matching gift from a generous anonymous donor.
Any personal or corporate donation of $10,000 or more will be matched – up to $500,000 – making twice the difference for adults and children supported by the nonprofit Arbor Hospice & Palliative Care in Ann Arbor.
Even with larger gifts doubled, it’s the outpouring of community support at all levels that helps Arbor serve more than 10,000 patients and family members annually. Donations to Arbor, which will affiliate with Hospice of Michigan on Jan. 1, 2016, will serve Arbor patients throughout Washtenaw County and its current service area.
Anyone making a donation of $25 or more will be thanked with a Heart of Remembrance, a handstitched keepsake heart to honor a loved one or send as a special gift to a friend, relative or client. Each beautiful felt heart is handcrafted by Arbor volunteers and makes the perfect holiday ornament or year-‘round home décor.
Consider what a donation to The Arbor Hospice Foundation can provide:
- $40 - Food for one hopsice patient for one day at an inpatient facility
- $58 - Five days of pain medication for a terminally ill patient
- $161 - One week of children's grief support group therapy sessions
- $180 - One day of complete hospice care for an uninsured patient in his or her home
- $219 - Eight hours of grief support for a family
- $460 - A day of residential hospice care for one patient
Donations to The Arbor Hospice Foundation support:
- Charity hospice and palliative care for the uninsured and underinsured
- Grief support for children and adults
- Pediatric hospice care
- Complementary therapies, including music, pet and massage therapy
To make a tax-deductible donation:
- Donate online at www.arborhospice.org
- Call (734) 794-5120
- Mail a check, payable to The Arbor Hospice Foundation, to 2366 Oak Valley Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48103