The Arbor Hospice Foundation to Host Savour the Journey Charity Gala May 17
Posted: April 15, 2014
The Arbor Hospice Foundation’s 4th annual Savour the Journey fundraiser will be held on Saturday, May 17 at 6 p.m. The nonprofit will transform the University of Michigan’s Biomedical Science Research Building (109 Zina Pitcher Place in Ann Arbor) into a lively Parisian streetscape complete with mimes, music, French cuisine, a marketplace and more. The gala will celebrate Arbor Hospice’s 30th anniversary as well as support hospice programs and services including complementary therapies, pediatric hospice care, grief support services and uncompensated care.
- Heather Anne Leavitt, Sweet Heather Anne
- Craig Common, The Common Grill
- Katherine Farrell, Katherine’s Catering
- Dan Huntsbarger, The Moveable Feast Catering
- Sava Lelcaj, Sava’s
- Mary Rasmussen, Jefferson Market & Cakery
- Peter Roumanis, Vellum
- Margaret Schankler, Hello! Ice Cream
- Lori Shephard, Simply Scrumptious
- Hediye Zakalik, Cafe Zola
Guests will have a chance to peruse the Savour the Journey marketplace, complete with commemorative keepsake items for purchase. The specially designed silk scarves, tea towel sets, note cards, wine bottle stopper and bowtie all reflect the Parisian theme with proceeds benefitting The Arbor Hospice Foundation. The marketplace also features the return of the popular wine pull with bottles ranging in value from $50 to $300.
- In-home dinner for eight provided by The Common Grill
- A hot air balloon ride with champagne brunch
- A shopping spree courtesy of Neiman Marcus
- Scotch tasting for 20 people with appetizers and jazz music at Vinology
- Reception catered by The Moveable Feast Catering at The Big House
- Four U of M Football 50-yard-line tickets, tailgate party for 20 and Lloyd Carr autographed football
- Round of golf for four and overnight stay at True North Golf in Harbor Springs
Founded in 2002, the Arbor Hospice Foundation is a tax exempt, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization providing financial and philanthropic support to advance the mission of Arbor Hospice. Through the generosity of individual donors, corporate partners and foundation support, The Arbor Hospice Foundation strives to meet the ongoing needs of more than 9,000 patients and families served by Arbor Hospice each year. We are very grateful for donations that help us continue our mission in the communities we serve. For more information, call (734) 794-5338 or visit http://www.arborhospice.org/about-us/the-arbor-hospice-foundation.