Questions For Arbor Hospice
Here is a checklist of questions you may want to ask Arbor Hospice:
- Are you a non-profit hospice?
- Is hospice your primary business or is hospice an add-on to another business?
- How long have you served our community?
- Are you Medicare and Medicaid certified? Are you state certified?
- What certifications do your Medical Directors have? (Medical directors should be Hospice and Palliative Care Board Certified)
- What is your nurse to patient ratio? Social worker to patient ratio?
- What kind of support is available to the family/caregiver?
- What does the hospice volunteer do? How many are available in my area?
- How do you work to keep the patient comfortable?
- How are services provided after hours?
- How and where do you provide short-term in-patient care?
- Which nursing homes or assisted living facilities do you work with?
- How long does it typically take you to admit someone once the request for services has been made?
- When will the nurse make the first visit?
- How often are grief support groups offered?
- Are there programs and/or planned events within the hospice to help family members heal and grow?
- Are you accredited by a national organization, such as CHAP or JCAHO?
In This Section