Where Does Arbor Hospice Provide Care?
Arbor Hospice can be provided in:
- Private homes/apartments
- Nursing homes
- Adult foster care homes
- Assisted living facilities
- Residential hospice facilities
Whether the home is a private residence, nursing home or other facility, we know how important it is for patients to remain in familiar surroundings. Arbor Hospice professionals are skilled and experienced at bringing their services to patients in their homes.
While many Arbor Hospice patients are able to receive hospice care in their homes, a time may come when this is no longer feasible. In this event, the Arbor Hospice care team works with the patient and family/caregiver to find the optimal facility for the patient to receive hospice care.
Residential care, such as the care provided in The Residence of Arbor Hospice, is appropriate when any of the following criteria are met:
- The caregiver is unable to provide care.
- The care is too complex and difficult for a non-medical person to perform confidently.
- The home is not suitable and cannot be adapted to meet intensive medical needs.
- 24-hour nursing care is needed.
- Adult children/caregivers are working full time, live far away and/or have families of their own to care for.