Community Outreach / Speakers Bureau
Arbor Hospice participates in outreach events on various topics surrounding caregiver resources, healthcare decision making, grief and loss and end-of-life care issues
Activities include speaking engagements, community tours of The Residence of Arbor Hospice, information booths at health or community fairs and other community events. Members of our Speakers Bureau are available to present at local organizations and businesses.
By educating the public about end-of-life options and the programs and services we offer, it is our hope that some day everyone who can benefit from our services will know about their options and have the ability to ask for our help, sooner rather than later.
Speakers Bureau topics include:
- Five Wishes Advance Directives: Making Your Wishes Known (1 hour)
- Veteran's Aid and Attendance Benefit (1 hour)
- Fact or Fiction: The Truth About Comfort Care (1 hour)
- Embracing Patients and Their Families: The Hospice Concept of Care (1 hour)
- The Well-Kept Secret: Medicare's Comfort Benefit (1 hour)
- Palliative Care: Improving Your Quality of Life (1 hour)
- Planning for the Unexpected: Financial and Legal Series (4 - 1 hour sessions)
- The Future of Advance Care Planning (1 hour)
And, in a Game Format
- Hospice Millionaire (30 minutes)
Note: Times are approximations and depend upon the size of the group and number of questions.
If you wish to have an Arbor Hospice representative address your group or for more information regarding presentations, please contact Margaret Adrain at 734-794-5105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.