What Makes Arbor Hospice Different?
Serving more than 9,000 patients and their families annually, Arbor Hospice has been a leader in end-of-life care and family support for more than 25 years. Arbor Hospice is one of a handful of hospice organizations that also serves pediatric patients and their families.
Highest Quality Care
- More than 90 percent of Arbor Hospice non-residence patients reported that their pain was at a "comfortable" level within 48 hours of admission.This is significantly better than the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) End Result Outcome Measures (EROM) National Summary Report for this measure for the same period with mean results of 73%, and 75th percentile of 89.5%. (Note: These results reflect the most recent survey. Hospice quality benchmark reports are updated quarterly. )
- Family satisfaction scores consistently exceed Michigan and National Family Satisfaction Benchmarks (FEHC) when asked if they would recommend Arbor Hospice.
- The education and training of our care teams surpass all industry requirements.
- From masters level social workers and chaplains, to our highly skilled, hospice-certified nurses, Arbor Hospice prides itself in the level of professional expertise committed continually in meeting the unique needs of each patient and family in our care.
- Arbor Hospice physicians have specialties in geriatric medicine, hospice and palliative care and oncology and are Hospice and Palliative Care Board Certified.
- Arbor Hospice is also accredited by The Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), a non-biased third-party. CHAP accreditation certifies that Arbor Hospice has met the highest recognized standards of all current state and federal regulations and industry standards of practice and care. Rigorous evaluation by CHAP focuses on structure and function, quality of services, resources and viability.
- Arbor Hospice provides in-home palliative hospice care for adults and children and in-patient care in The Residence of Arbor Hospice.
- Grief support is provided to patients families throughout our seven county service area.
- Respite care is available to provide help to caregivers.
- More than 300 dedicated volunteers offer special services for our patients like companionship, cosmetology services, pet therapy and respite for the caregiver.
- Although hospice provides a holistic approach, psychiatric services are not routine. Arbor Hospice offers psychiatric services to its patients to help control all pain and suffering.
- The Residence of Arbor Hospice is now located at 440 W. Russell St., Suite 100 (on the campus of EHM Senior Solutions) in Saline. This beautifully renovated in-patient wing offers 13 private rooms with exterior windows, pull-out-sofa beds for visitors, flat screen televisions and in-room refrigerators. In addition to The Residence of Arbor Hospice, we offer four in-patient beds at Glacier Hills Senior Living in Ann Arbor, 2 apartment units at Henry Ford Village in Dearborn and a pediatric bed at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor. Approximately 10% of our patients opt to stay at The Residence, however, most are cared for in their homes or home-like setting.
Support Through the Journey
- Arbor Hospice supports the needs of our patients and their family during and following their end-of-life journey with palliative care, emotional support, spiritual counseling and grief support programs and services.
- Patients and families have an experienced, caring team by their side to help them every step of the way.
Invested In Our Communities
- Arbor Hospice is a non-profit organization that gives back to the communities it serves. Being a non-profit hospice enables Arbor to keep caregiver to patient ratios high and focus on providing services based on patient/family needs.
- The Arbor Hospice Foundation funds assistance to patients with financial needs, pediatric care and free of charge community education programs.