Making a planned gift to The Arbor Hospice Foundation is a great way to ensure income for your beneficiary, achieve tax benefits and help make certain that quality hospice care is available to our community for the future. Regardless of the amount, a planned gift has the power to change lives for generations to come.
What to consider.
We would be honored to be included in your long-range plans. When thoughtfully planned, a planned gift can enhance your own financial well being while making a difference for those facing a terminal illness. There are a range of options that can provide immediate benefits, such as increasing current income or providing additional retirement income while reducing income and estate taxes. Some types of gifts can virtually eliminate estate taxes, while others can greatly reduce the amount of tax you are responsible for during your lifetime.
Gift planning possibilities:
- A gift of appreciated assets, such as stocks or securities
- A bequest to The Arbor Hospice Foundation in your existing will or living trust
- Naming The Arbor Hospice Foundation as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy, retirement plan, or IRA
- A charitable gift annuity with The Arbor Hospice Foundation
- A donor-advised fund with your community foundation
- A charitable remainder trust, which may benefit you, your family and friends, and The Arbor Hospice Foundation
Bequest designations in a will, revocable trust, insurance policy or retirement plan are generally revocable and may be changed during your lifetime; however, charitable gift annuities and certain trusts are irrevocable and funds may not be returned once transferred.
For more information, contact Peggy Cole at the Arbor Hospice Foundation at email@example.com or via phone at 734-794-5147.