Donations to nonprofit hospice agency will help provide quality, compassionate end-of-life care
Arbor Hospice is currently requesting end-of-the-year donations to help support programs and services offered to Arbor patients and family members. A contribution will allow the nonprofit to continue providing programs and services such as complementary therapies, including music, massage and pet; pediatric hospice care; and grief support services, as well as charity care for uninsured patients and their families.
Consider what a donation to Arbor Hospice can provide:
- $25 – One day of medications and supplies
- $50 – One music therapy session with a board-certified music therapist
- $100 – Two days of food for a patient at our in-patient Residence
- $250 – Eight hours of grief support for a family
- $500 – Nine days of pain medication for a patient
- $1,000 – Six weeks of children’s grief support
- $2,500 – 13 days of in-home hospice care for an uninsured patient
- $5,000 – 10 days of routine care for a patient at The Residence of Arbor Hospice
For those who plan to itemize on their 2018 tax return, donations received or postmarked by Dec. 31, 2018 may be considered a charitable deduction. To make a donation:
- Visit arborhospice.org
- Call 888-992-2273
- Mail a check, made payable to Arbor Hospice, to 2366 Oak Valley Dr., Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Arbor Hospice, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, provides quality, compassionate care for those experiencing life-limiting illnesses throughout Washtenaw County and surrounding communities. A founding member of the NorthStar Care Community, Arbor offers certified community-based and inpatient hospice services and palliative care through NorthStar Palliative Care, as well as grief support services and community education programs. Through other NorthStar Care Community members, Arbor also provides pediatric hospice care and compassionate support services through Jo Elyn Nyman Anchors Programs for Children and education programs for physicians and health care professionals through the NorthStar Institute. The NorthStar Care Community also includes Hospice of Michigan. In total, NorthStar Care Community members serve nearly 5,100 patients annually across Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. For more information, visit www.arborhospice.org or call 888-992-2273.