Contemporary Design is Rooted in Agency’s Rich Heritage
Arbor Hospice has launched a fresh new brand and “Under Our Care” tagline that is packed with symbolism celebrating the nonprofit’s 33 years of quality, compassionate care, while underscoring its commitment to meeting the needs of families across Washtenaw County, and the surrounding communities, for decades to come.
The logo adorns recently installed signage outside Arbor’s Oak Valley office, is the focal point of billboards across the community and factors prominently in the agency’s newly updated website – www.arborhospice.org.
Arbor’s vision and mission are artistically reflected in the crisp green of the logo’s eye-catching icon featuring a tree beneath an arbor. The natural design elements speak to the organization’s belief that hospice and palliative care are a natural and respectful approach to end-of-life.
The comfort, assurance and care at the center of Arbor’s mission in sheltering those it serves are expressed through the icon’s arbor shape. It is also a nod to the graceful Oak Valley gardens that have long been a place of respite and reflection for patients and families.
Arbor’s legacy and stability are illustrated by the tree’s solid trunk, from which branches and leaves representing its values of compassion, human dignity, comfort, peace, trust, respect and expertise flourish.
Arbor Hospice’s rebrand is launching in conjunction with the statewide roll out of NorthStar Care Community, designed to guide patients and families to the right care at the right time for their needs and wishes. Formed from the affiliation of Hospice of Michigan and Arbor Hospice in January 2016, Arbor is a founding member of the network. NorthStar Care consolidates the best in integrated programs and services that encompass adult and pediatric services, palliative care, grief support, education and training.
The five member organizations that comprise NorthStar Care Community include:
- Hospice of Michigan – the original and largest hospice provider in the state, and a founding member of NSCC, is a nationally recognized leader in end-of-life care. Delivering the highest quality of care, the nonprofit raises more than $5 million each year to cover costs for the uninsured and underinsured.
- Arbor Hospice – established in 1984, the nonprofit agency – and a founding member of NSCC – provides quality, compassionate care for those experiencing life-limiting illnesses throughout Washtenaw County and surrounding communities, including inpatient services through The Residence of Arbor Hospice in Saline, Mich.
- NorthStar Palliative Care – formerly known as Arbor Palliative Care, the expanded in-home service provides specialized medical care that focuses on improving quality of life through pain and stress management and relief.
- NorthStar Institute – formerly known as the Hospice of Michigan Institute, performs research, provides education and community outreach initiatives aimed at improving care for people who are seriously ill, as well as provides support for their caregivers.
- Jo Elyn Nyman Anchors Programs for Children – the only statewide pediatric hospice and pre-hospice program to serve families with staff specially trained in medical, social, spiritual and emotional support for the youngest patients.
“The affiliation between Hospice of Michigan and Arbor, and the evolution of NorthStar Care Community, presented a perfect opportunity to refresh Arbor’s branding,” said Bob Cahill, president and CEO of Hospice of Michigan and Arbor Hospice. “While the design elements pay homage to our legacy, the contemporary approach expresses our organizations’ ever-evolving programs and services that will continue to grow with the needs of those we serve.”
Arbor Hospice, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, provides quality, compassionate care for those experiencing life-limiting illnesses throughout Washtenaw County and surrounding communities. A founding member of the NorthStar Care Community, Arbor offers certified community-based and inpatient hospice services and palliative care through NorthStar Palliative Care, as well as grief support services and community education programs. Through other NorthStar Care Community members, Arbor also provides pediatric hospice care and compassionate support services through Jo Elyn Nyman Anchors Programs for Children and education programs for physicians and health care professionals through the NorthStar Institute. The NorthStar Care Community also includes Hospice of Michigan. In total, NorthStar Care Community members serve nearly 5,100 patients annually across Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. For more information, visit www.arborhospice.org or call 888-992-2273.